NCI Direct Bill Process
All requests for Direct Bills:
- Patient must have a financial assessment performed by social work (via an ATV request)
- A request via email must be sent and approved by Caryn Steakley, Deputy Director CCR
- Social Work will no longer be making direct bill hotel reservations.
- The research nurses and PCCs are now permitted to contact the Direct Bill Hotel and make reservations. Include the patient name, dates and indicate “direct bill for NIH”.
- Direct Bill Hotel Information Sheet which includes a list of the hotels can be found here.
Immigration: Please visit the Clinical Center website for information https://www.cc.nih.gov/participate/patientinfo/visa.html
If you have an international patient coming to the NIH, the Social Work department has resources to help. Notify Social Work asap using the email: CCInternationalPatientAssistance@mail.nih.gov
If you need an inbound ambulance from another facility (the 1 page form) – this is what ADMISSIONS does.
If you need an outbound ambulance (the 3 page form) – this is what SOCIAL WORK does.
If you are requesting a body/body part transportation to the CC for autopsy – this is what ADMISSIONS does. Click here to Patient Support Services page for more information.