Promotion Information for Nurses
- To be considered for promotion to a GS-13, you must first be eligible for promotion within the NIH Human Resources (HR) system. Check with your Team Leader.
- It is important to discuss your goal of promotion with your Team Leader during your evaluations.
- Your performance should reflect elements at a GS-13 level. Things to consider:
- Are you consistently exceeding expectations?
- Are your audits outstanding?
- What are your leadership skills?
- Do you write and routinely review protocols for consistency?
- What tools do you use for documentation?
- If you coordinate multi-center trials, what is your role?
- The panel will review for all applications on a rolling basis.
- Final sign-off will be the CCR Clinical Director, Dr. William Dahut, Caryn Steakley, RN, Deputy Clinical Director and Cheryl Royce, Chief, Office of Research Nursing.