The mission of the NCI-CCR Staff Scientist/Staff Clinician Organization is to advance the professional goals and scientific careers of CCR Staff Scientists and Staff Clinicians.
The NCI-CCR Staff Scientist/Staff Clinician Organization is dedicated to provide CCR Staff Scientists and Staff Clinicians opportunities to achieve their professional goals and advance their scientific careers while fostering the continued development of scientific and clinical excellence within the institute. We will actively pursue the open exchange of information, personal and professional growth through annual scientific retreats, peer mentoring, workshops, and representation of the organization and its members within CCR.
- SS and SC currently employed at the CCR may be members. Members have the right to vote and hold elective office within the organization.
- Ad-hoc members may include any CCR Staff Scientist or Staff Clinician equivalent contractors.
Organization and responsibilities
Co-chairs and vice-co-chairs will be elected by campus-specific election every two years voted on by the membership. No individual can serve in the same position consecutively.
- Co-chairs: One SS (Bethesda), one SS (Frederick) and one SC will share the duties of organization chair:
- Act as point of contact for anyone wishing to contact the organization.
- Organize and manage regular meetings including setting the agenda.
- Maintain regular contact with CCR administrative staff or the Office of the Director.
- Represent the organization at campus activities.
- Collect and disseminate demographics related to SS/SC organization members.
- Organize elections.
- Vice-co-chairs: Three (one SS each from the Bethesda and Frederick campuses and one SC)
- Support the chair and assume the chair’s responsibility in his or her absence.