Clinical Trial Design
Clinical research is research conducted on human beings with the goal of generating useful knowledge about human health and illness. A clinical trial is one type of clinical research that seeks to answer a scientific or medical question about the safety or potential benefit of an intervention such as a medication, device, behavior, or training. This module is divided into 3 required components and 1 recommended video. Once you have completed all required parts, please link to the evaluation after which you will be directed to a certificate of completion for your education records.
At the conclusion of this module, learners will be able to:
- Describe five types of clinical trials.
- Discuss basic concepts associated with clinical trial designs.
- Discuss the objectives, endpoints and standard design for Phase I clinical trials.
- Discuss the objectives, endpoints and standard design for Phase II clinical trials.
- Discuss the objectives, endpoints and standard design for Phase III clinical trials.
- Discuss the at least 3 goals that can be used for Phase IV clinical trials.
Types of Clinical Trials (7 ½ minutes)
Key Concepts (22 minutes)
Phases of Clinical Trials (17 minutes)