Application for Certificate of Confidentiality
SOP #: RPS-10
Next Review Date: 06/2015
Version #: 1.0
Interval Period: Biennual
Approved Version 1.0: ___ Date: 06/2013
Purpose: Provide additional protection for sensitive information obtained during the conduct of biomedical, behavioral or clinical research.
Step 1: Collect and prepare necessary documents
The application for a Certificate of Confidentiality is Institute specific. The general intramural instructions can be found at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/coc/appl_intramural.htm .
- Applicants should read NIH's background information and instructions on Certificates of Confidentiality, which are available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/coc/background.htm. See also Frequently Asked Questions http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/coc/faqs.htm .
- The application requires an IRB-approved protocol.
- Prepare the protocol and consent (initial IRB application or amendment) with the required wording
- Obtain "conditional" IRB approval with an IRB (iRIS) approval memo.
- Obtain the PI and Scientific Director’s signature on the cover letter of the application.
- Submit the application with the IRB approval memo, protocol and consent to the IC Certificate Coordinator (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/coc/contacts.htm).
- Upon approval of the application, submit approval in iRIS.
Resources for additional information:
Current IC Certificate Coordinator for NCI Intramural
National Cancer Institute
9609 Medical Center Drive, Room 3W262
Rockville, MD 20850