The goal of the Imaging working group is to generate standardized consensus recommendations for both localized and whole body magnetic resonance (MR) image acquisition and interpretation for the detection, characterization and imaging response evaluation of benign and malignant neoplasms, using a multi-parametric and volumetric analysis.
Current group leaders: Eva Dombi, MD and Shivani Ahlawat, MD
Past group leader: Jaishri Blakeley, MD
Current research areas of priority include:
1. Evaluate the test-retest variability and interobserver performance of WB-MRI in NF.
2. Investigate the diagnostic accuracy of quantitative functional and metabolic localized and functional imaging techniques for tumor characterization and assessment of treatment response
3. Investigate the added value of contrast enhanced imaging to both localized and WB-MRI protocol for tumor characterization and assessment of treatment response.
1. Dombi E, Ardern-Holmes SL, Babovic-Vuksanovic D, et al. Recommendations for imaging tumor response in neurofibromatosis clinical trials. Neurology 2013 Nov 19;81(21 Suppl 1):S33-S40. [PDF]
2. Ahlawat S, Fayad LM, Khan MS, et al. Current whole-body MRI applications in the neurofibromatoses: NF1, NF2, and schwannomatosis. Neurology 2016 Aug 16;87(7 Suppl 1): S31-9.