FCMPASS Software Distribution Agreement
- THE SOFTWARE SHALL NOT BE USED IN THE TREATMENT OR DIAGNOSIS OF HUMAN SUBJECTS. RECIPIENT is responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the use of the SOFTWARE.
- RECIPIENT shall not distribute the SOFTWARE, in whole or in part without express advance written approval of PROVIDER.
- The SOFTWARE may be used for research, academic, and educational purposes only. The SOFTWARE may not be used for commercial purposes. RECIPIENT will not license or sell or use the SOFTWARE for commercial purposes or applications.
- The SOFTWARE that is distributed pursuant to this Agreement has been created by United StatesGovernment employees. In accordance with Title 17 of the United States Code, section 105, the SOFTWARE isnot subject to copyright protection in the United States. Other than copyright, all rights, title and interest in the SOFTWARE shall remain with the PROVIDER.
- RECIPIENT shall not modify, extend, decompile, make derivatives of, merge, publish, reverse engineer or distribute the SOFTWAREwithout written permission from PROVIDER.
- RECIPIENT may publish or otherwise publicly disclose the results of using the SOFTWARE. RECIPIENT agrees to acknowledge PROVIDER’s contribution of the SOFTWARE in all written publications containing any data or information regarding or resulting from use of the SOFTWARE.
- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE PROVIDER OR THE INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. PROVIDER makes no representations that the use of SOFTWARE will not infringe any patent or proprietary rights of third parties.
- RECIPIENT may, on an as-needed basis, send to PROVIDER reports regarding the application of the SOFTWARE and the effectiveness and problems encountered in using the SOFTWARE, without disclosing RECIPIENT’s confidential information. Information from general reports may be used by the PROVIDER to enhance the capabilities of the SOFTWARE. Reports can be forwarded to the PROVIDER at one of the following addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- No indemnification for any loss, claim, damage, or liability is intended or provided by either Party under this Agreement. Each Party shall be liable for any loss, claim, damage, or liability that said Party incurs as a result of said Party's activities under this Agreement, except that Provider, as an agency of the United States, assumes liability only to the extent as provided under the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. Chapter 171 Sections 2671-2680).
- RECIPIENT agrees not to claim, infer, or imply endorsement by the United States Government, or any of its organizational units, contractors or employees. RECIPIENT agrees not to use any trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos or product names of NCI or NIH to endorse or promote products derived from the SOFTWARE without specific, prior and written permission.
- Title in the SOFTWARE shall remain with the PROVIDER. It is understood that nothing herein will be deemed to constitute, by implication or otherwise, the grant to either party by the other of any license or other rights under any patent, patent application or other intellectual property right or interest. PROVIDER reserves the right to distribute the SOFTWARE to others and to use it for PROVIDER’s own purposes. The United States Government explicitly retains all rights to use the SOFTWARE for any purpose, to have it used on the Government’s behalf or to allow others to use it.
- By downloading this software you agree to the terms of the software distribution agreement above.
- If using this software, please cite: Welsh J A et al, FCMPASS software aids extracellular vesicle light scatter standardisation., Cytometry Part A, doi: 10.1002/cyto.a.23782
- Instructions for installation can be found here
v2.16 - 25th August 2019
- Fixed bug with writing scatter-cross section to .fcs file
- Fixed bug creating multiple timestamp folders if export took longer than 1 minute
v2.15 - 23rd August 2019
- Fixed bug where multiple scattering cross-section conversion parameters were listed if calculated multiple times
- New: error message appears if criteria not fulfilled when conducting fluorescence
- New: plot diameter and scattering axis can be resized without recalculating
v2.14 - 20th August 2019
- Fixed bug saving scatter bead datasets
- Fixed bug saving MESF bead datasets
- Fixed bug stopping writing to some .fcs files
- Fixed bug with RI conversions
- Fixed bug indexing custom angles
v2.13 - 2nd August 2019
- New: Updated user interface and loading screens
- New: more efficient database storage and search system
- New: Creation of error log file in database folder
- New: Light scatter modelling up to 800 nm illumination wavelengths
- Fixed error stopping softwate update search
- Fixed error in the database storage v2.12
- Increased start-up speed
- New: Added user preferences for default input settings
- New: Added control over a number of graph properties
- New: Ability to turn parallel computing off (issue for some users)
- New: Added further metadata for data tracking and reporting
- New: Added ability to transpose scatter data
- New: Added help tab in menu bar for reporting bugs and linking how-to guides
- New: Scatter-Diameter plot does not plot threshold when set to 0
- New: Exported .fcs file data folders are unique stopping overwriting
- Fixed spelling error in scatter diameter plot legend
- New: Adds ability to plot datapoints without using the data to approximate collection angle
- New: Adds ability to plot predicted light scatter curves without needing reference bead data input
- New: Adds ability to remove predicted vesicle light scatter range from scat-diam plot.
- New: Adds ability to customize vesicle channel intercept diameter
- New: Adds ability to remove EV curves entirely
- Predicted vs. Acquired plot changed to 'Fold-Difference' by default due to better accuracy.
- New: Adds coloured reference background to the 'Fold-Difference' plot indicating whether beads fit well or not.
Fixed bug stopping the deletion of light scatter bead datasets
v2.11 - 12th April 2019
- Fixed bug causing crash if directory window was cancelled upon startup
- Fixed bug in setting minimum y-axis limits for scatter-diameter curve
- New: Added predicted vs. acquired scatter ratio plot
- New: Added ability to manually update bead directory
v2.10 - 5th April 2019
- New: No limit to input values (previously capped at 10)
- New: Database integration avoids re-calculation of the same data twice
- New: fcs file integration
New: Diameter determination from fcs
New: RI determination from fcs
New: SSC to scatter-cross section conversion
New: Write parameters to .fcs file format
New: Refractive index-diameter plot output
New: Predicted vs. Acquired scatter regression output
New: Integration of MESF regression
Please contact email@example.com if you encounter any bugs/issues using the software, or if there are any additional features that would be useful to include in future updates.