The Center of Excellence in Integrative Cancer Biology and Genomics (CEICBG) is one of four Centers of Excellence established within the NCI Intramural Research Program (IRP). The Centers of Excellence build upon existing structures and areas of expertise. They lead new initiatives, projects, and collaborations, and position the IRP to play a significant role in interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary translational research. The CEICBG is a steward of resources and infrastructure, promotes interactions among NCI principal investigators and with other Institutes, extramural investigators, and the private sector, and provides leadership in facilitating new initiatives in cancer biology and genomics.
The CEICBG will promote the innovative use of genetic and genomic approaches and technologies for basic science discoveries and clinical research applications for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
- Strengthen interactions across the IRP by providing a unique research environment and a capacity to take on "big" high risk projects
- Enhance collaborative network among principal investigators and interactions with other NCI centers and programs
- Consolidate existing cancer databases
- Maximize utilization and accessibility of animal models
- Expand core facilities
- Provide a venue for annual meetings with participation from extramural scientists
To learn about recent advances by Center researchers, click on the images above.