What is the CCR Wiki?
CCR's Office of the Director (OD) has acquired the Confluence enterprise Wiki, which is designed to make it easy for you and your team to share information with each other and with the general public. A CCR Wiki space can be used as:
- an intranet for a Lab, Branch, or Program
- a workspace for a specific research team
- a collaboration tool that is shared among several investigators
- a public Web site/page
What are the advantages of using a Wiki space?
- Can be set up quickly
- The Wiki space can be restricted to one person, a specific group (e.g., your own section, a Lab/Branch), or it can be a public Web site.
- You (or members of your group) can update content as needed.
- Text can be formatted (icon menu is similar to Word)
- Files (e.g., PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, JPEG) can be linked to a specific Web page (Note: All files must be Section 508 compliant!).
- News (i.e., blog posts) can be added to a page by you (or members of your group).
- You can receive an e-mail notification whenever a page has been modified.
- Other features include calendar, thumbnail photo gallery, etc.