New technologies, including:
- Tissue microarray construction using an automated tissue microarray tool.
- Digital imaging of tissue microarrays for automated or manual interpretation.
Standard histology techniques, including:
- Tissue fixation and processing.
- Paraffin embedding of tissues.
- Cutting sections and hematoxylin and eosin staining.
- Cutting section using tape-sectioning methods that reduce distortion of tissues during transfer to the microscope slide.
- Immunohistochemical staining of tissue microarray slides.
- Tissue microarray construction using a manual microarray tool.
- Construction of paraffin-embedded cell blocks.