Aims of the NCI-Sponsored Second International Workshop on the Biology, Prevention, and Treatment of Relapse After Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
The Primary Aim of the Workshop is to facilitate the development of multicenter clinical trials related to relapse after both allogeneic and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). Specifically, these trials are intended to:
- Investigate the biology of relapse;
- Validate new proposed molecular definitions of relapse;
- Assess interventions designed to prevent relapse; and
- Evaluate approaches to treat relapse.
Additional Aims of the Workshop are to:
- Update the current state of the science relative to the biology and clinical studies of relapse after allogeneic HSCT;
- Present an overview on the biology and clinical studies of relapse after autologous stem cell transplantation;
- Provide a forum to present laboratory and clinical research, including ongoing clinical trials, specific to the study and treatment of relapse following HSCT.